Nezir Zahirović

Ruby On Rails - Avatar Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError Windows 10 1607 SOLVED!



After reinstalling my Windows 10 OS to latest  version (Anniversary update 1607). I had to install ImageMagick again.

In one of my latest websites I use paperclip gem and after OS reinstallation I started to getting an error when trying to create a new  article with adding an image on.

- Avatar Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError

So,  I googled and find many of solutions and neither one worked in my case.

First, there are some solutions to add ImageMagick path "Paperclip.options[:command_path] = 'C:/Program Files/ImageMagick-7.0.2-7-Q16'" to Initializer/paperclip.rb.
Another solution is to add this path into environment/development.rb.
Third, solution was to add into model.rb before before_action line.

Tried all that and did not succeed.

I need to inform you that first I installed "ImageMagick-7.0.2-7-Q16-x64-dll"  version.

And the last thing I did was uninstall this version and install x86 version "ImageMagick-7.0.2-7-Q16-x86-dll"  and started again rails server and everything works great!

So, the fix is in selecting correct version of "ImageMagick-7.0.2-7-Q16-x86-dll" in my case that was an x86 version!
SHARE
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments: